The Law “On Architecture, Urban Planning and Construction Activity in the Republic of Kazakhstan” (Art 32(2)) provides for the division of licensees according to the responsibility level: from the 1st to the 3rd. Having said that, for the more detailed notion about the objects for the design / construction of which different categories of the licenses are issued, it is necessary to look at the following pieces:
- Law “On The Civil Protection” dated April 11, 2014 (as of 10.01.2015);
- Rules “On Attribution of the Buildings to the Technologically Difficult Objects” approved by the Government Resolution dated October 23, 2009;
- Governing System Documents1.02-04-2013 “Attribution of the objects of construction and urban planning of the territories to the responsibility levels” (as of 06.01.2014).
License category I – issued for the construction / design of the objects of ALL responsibility levels: from the 3rd (lowest) to the 1st (highest) level.
In addition, license category I is issued for the unique objects construction of which is not provided in the building codes of Kazakhstan.
License category II – issued for the construction / design of the 2nd responsibility level (buildings and constructions of the mass housing) and the 3rd level of responsibility (constructions of the seasonal or supportive nature) i.e. for the objects of the medium difficulty (as technologically difficult as technologically simple) and for the objects of the lower difficulty. Objects of higher difficulty may be included in the subcontracts only.
License category II is NOT issued for the industrial objects and civil housing objects attributed to the object of the higher responsibility level as well as for the objects having unique construction schemes.
License category III – issued for the construction /design of the objects of the 3rd (lowest) responsibility level. Objects of medium and higher difficulty may be included in the subcontracts only.
License category III is NOT issued for the industrial objects at all, except for the several objects of infrastructure: roads, electricity transmission lines, heat / water supply lines and communications lines.
License category III is issued for the technologically simple objects of the medium (normal) responsibility level.
By Reshetnikov Andrey, lawyer
In Artyushenko & Partners online Store you can buy our fixed fee legal consultation:
- How the foreign construction or design company is possible to work legally in Kazakhstan. Initial consulting
- The licensing in construction and design in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Initial consulting for foreign companies